Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Abstract

In this paper I will focus on how my way of idolizing characters from cinema effected my work. I have been working on mimesis for two years. My way of working on mimesis is that I transfer my shadow image to film scenes, to create mimesis of certain characters with my own mimesis; which is shadow. In this process I use my shadow as a mimesis of myself. So that when I act synchronized with the characters in the films, I become their mimesis. Until now, I have been searching for an idol, while acting with characters in films. I have been trying to become them, understand and think like them. This two years of process of working with characters, I have tried to figure out who is my idol in these character. So that for my future work, I am going to become one of these characters and live that character's life from my point of view. This way, I can value my past two years of studying on mimesis as a training period. This training will come to an end with me coming out of the shadow image of myself and actually living someone else's life who is a film character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment